Christmas lights has been a symbol of Christmas celebration around.According to a quote,
A happy yard with a cool Christmas light display puts a smile on everyone who passes by.
Well that's true!
Whether we put them up on our Christmas Trees or outdoor they make attractions.
But do you know how to pick the right Christmas light?
Why we care? Because bad Christmas lights can turn your Christmas into a nightmare. Unattended Christmas trees with defective lights cause can house fires.
Facts & figures
- Between 2007-2011, U.S. fire departments responded to an average of 230 home fires that started with Christmas trees per year. These fires caused an average of 6 deaths, 22 injuries, and $18.3 million in direct property damage annually.
- On average, one of every 40 reported home fires that began with a Christmas tree resulted in a death, compared to an average of one death per 142 total reported home fires.
- Electrical problems were factors in one-third (32%0 of home Christmas tree structure fires.
- Two of every five (39%) home Christmas tree fires started in the living room, family room, or den.
|Image : DTI PH|
Our tips on how to pick the right Christmas Lights:
1. Avoid substandard Christmas lights - These are amazingly cheap Christmas lights but has low quality materials.Example : thin wires can easily be broken and can cause short circuit.
2.Use certified Christmas lights. On markings, it should bear the name of manufacturer/supplier/distributor, address and trademark, rated voltage and rated wattage of the set, rated voltage and rated wattage of the lamp, the words, “For indoor use only”, the number of standard used – PNS 189:2000,country of origin, and ICC mark in hologram format.
3. Choose LED Christmas lights they are much affordable and energy saver.
4. Do not use recycled lights especially if it has busted bulbs or expose insulated parts.
5. Safety : Always turn off your Christmas lights when you're not around at home.
More tips can be found here.