(Dec 10 Updates, 4PM) – According to Inquirer.net eleven persons were confirmed dead while 21 others were injured when a bomb exploded inside a passenger bus bound for this city as it was passing by Musuan in Maramag, Bukidnon around 5:30 p.m., the military reported.
Maj. Christian Uy, spokesman of the military’s 4th Infantry Division, confirmed to the Philippine Daily Inquirer that the number of those killed has reached 11 and they have counted 21 injured, five more than the 16 last reported.
2.) Catherine Villahermosa
3.) Anita Santillan, 54, of Dologon, Maramag, Bukidnon
4.) Johanne Valdeso
5.) John Bernard Conahap
6.) Jonathan Vareda
7.) Niezel Dee Gonzaga, 22, of Hagkol, Valencia City
8.) Michael Buctos of Purok 5, South Poblacion
9.) n Rey Velasco -Student
10.) Emma Valiente – Student
11.) Marielle Achacoso, 17, of Kalasungay, Malaybalay City
1) Remedios Abregana, 55, of Pangantucan, Bukidnon
2) Eden Protacio, 36, of CMU Maramag, Bukidnon
3) Juvy Generalao, 18, of Pangantucan, Bukidnon
4) Jonathan Cantomayor, 22, of P-1 Cabulahan,Cabanglasan, Bukidnon
5) Rodmar Camarista, 12, of Buffallo, CMU, Musuan, Maramag, Bukidnon
6) Mike Earl Otara, 16, of P-17, Hagkol, Valencia City
7) Junrey Bagongon, 24, of P-15, CMU Maramag, Bukidnon
8) John Manuel Bogayong, 15, of P-3 Bangcud, Malaybalay City
9) Karla Jane Yadao, 15, of Lumbo, Valencia City
10) Violeta Bustamante, 38, of CMU Maramag
11) Jesreel Arango, 38, of Malaybalay City
12) Marites Camarista, 33, of CMU Maramag, Bukidnon
13) Lovely Rose Basalo, 18, of Bantuanon, Lantapan, Bukidnon
14) Willy Ligan, 20, of Aglayan, Malaybalay City
15) Jennyy Lucero, 50, of Tablon, Cagayan de Oro City
16) Bernardita Cuay, 52, of Tablon, Cagayan de Oro City
17) Jolina Molina, 16, of CMU Maramag, Bukidnon
18) Mary Jean Roque, 23, of Dagumbaan, Maramag, Bukidnon
19) Darren May Reyes, 5, of Cugman, Cagayan de Oro City
20) Nenita Labininay, 50, of Cugman, Cagayan de Oro City
21) Nikko Breones
22) Cristel Dagaba, 22, of Pangantucan, Bukidnon
23) Zaldy Pindon
24) Zia Zaren Abejo
25) Shenalyn Corage, 22, of Central Poblacion, Kalilangan, Bukidnon
26) Elliel Curan
27) MarlonPantolasa, 58, of Busco, Quezon, Bukidnon
28) Maricel Lazar
29) Flodie Bagasina
30) Nikka Esclares, 19, of P-5, Zubiri Coumpond, Casisang, Malaybalay City
31) Jonan Ramos, 38, of Bagontaas, Valencia City
32) Ismael Macatanto
33) Erma Jubajib, 38, of P-10 Batangan, Valencia City
34) Ralph Lyndon Quilla
35) Gabriel Banaag, 31, of P-4 Valencia City
36) Solisa Moleta
37) Jerson Galoroso, 26, of Lantapan, Bukidnon
38) Omar Hassan Aldequer Papuro, 30, of Barangay 7, Malaybalay City
39) Yves Rae Loyola, 24, of P-11, Valencia City
40) Raul Pugoso, 46, of P-3 Tagiubo, Butuan City
41) Luz Ontal Lagulay, 44, of Buffalo, CMU, Musuan, Maramag, Bukidnon
42) Zyndy Magayano, 17, of Mailag, Valencia City.
Maj. Uy said the Rural Transit bus with plate number KBP 178 came from Wao in Lanao del Sur and was heading towards this city when the explosion took place as it was cruising the Musuan portion of the national highway in Barangay (village) Dologon, particularly in front of the Central Mindanao University.
Inspector Jeselle Longakit, Bukidnon police spokesperson, said an improvised bomb with mobile phone as trigger mechanism was used in the explosion. She said the bomb was apparently hidden in a sack that was placed in the vehicle's overhead baggage rack
So far no one has claimed responsibility for the said terroristic attack.
According to reports, the bus firm revealed that they had been receiving extortion letters from lawless elements asking protection money.
Superintendent Bernardo Mendoza, spokesperson of the Police Regional Office in Northern Mindanao, said the bombing appeared to be the handiwork of the breakaway group of the Cotabato-based Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters.
Last Nov. 6, four people were injured in another bombing of an RTMI bus also in Barangay Dologon in Maramag. Bus number 204 came from Tacurong City in Sultan Kudarat and bound for Cagayan de Oro City.
Meanwhile ABS-CBN has release a CCTV footage of the said RMTI Bus when explosion happened.