Koronadal City - At least 8 people were confirmed dead in a road crash between an Everest Ford and passenger van took place in the Crossing Kipot of Barangay Liwanay, Banga, South Cotabato, passed 2 o'clock in the afternoon , said 95.7 Brigada News FM Koronadal report.
According to Banga PNP, the UV Express Service van is owned by a certain Andy Borinaga a resident Sto. Niño with a plate number MVV-270 told Brigada in a radio interview.
Four passengers of the said van died including the driver identified as Rene Tablazon resident of Sto. Niño at 2 woman passengers.
Also who died are the 4 passengers of white Everest Ford with a plate number NIB-794.
According to report the said Everest vehicle was overtaking to van's path when the two accidentally collides. Due to the impact, the said Everest thrown in the rice field.
The name of victims are the following:
- 3 Freedom Life Funeral, Banga
- 3 Cordero Funeral Home, Banga
- 2 Woman Souther Funeral Banga
- Rene Tablazon, Van Driver - Resident of Sto, Niño, So. Cot. (Cordero)
- Gladys Flangs, Resident of Lamfugon, Lake Sebum So. Cot, Van passenger (Freedom)
- Macoy Abdul Fahad, 30 yrs old, Victory Homes, Koronadal City
- Joy Panes, 40 yrs old, Agan East, Koronadal
- Onnie Panes, 23 yrs old, Agan East, Koronadal
- Rodelyn Tabara, 19, Resident of Prk. Sto.Niño Kudanding, Isulan, Sul, Kudarat, Van passenger (Provincial Hospital)
- Mae Tabara, 17, Resident of Prk. Sto.Niño Kudanding, Isulan, Sul, Kudarat, Van passenger (Provincial Hospital)
- Akmad Macarambong, 45, Lanao, Everest passenger ( Allah Valley Hospital)
- Kasig Daligdig, 60, Brgy Paraiso,Koronadal City, Everest passenger ( Allah Valley Hospital)
- 3 more still unidentified wounded (Doctor's Clinic and Hospital)
Source : 95.7 Brigada News FM Koronadal
Photo Credits : Brigada / Allen Glenn Equia / Janice Brabat Labonette
Update as of 7:50PM, Dec 19, 2014