Manila, Philippines - Due to numerous complaints over shippers and consignees for non-delivery of balikbayan boxes, on January 25, the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) issued a list f some 54 freight forwarders that were already blacklisted up to date.
DTI Undersecretary Victorio Mario Dimagiba said 54 other foreign freight forwarders/consolidators from Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East, and the United States have pending complaints pertaining to undelivered balikbayan boxes and are currently being investigated.
Dimagiba said complaints arise when balikbayan boxes are undelivered to customers. These are mostly attributed to the failure of foreign consolidators or principal sea freight forwarders to remit all or a portion of their collected charges to their accredited Philippine agents or local sea freight forwarders to facilitate the timely release and delivery of balikbayan boxes.
Balikbayan boxes are not usually delivered when foreign consolidators or principal sea freight forwarders fail to remit a portion of the collected charges to their accredited Philippine agents or local sea freight forwarders.
“When necessary funds are not remitted to accredited Philippine agents or local freight forwarders, the shipment or the balikbayan boxes with the Bureau of Customs will not be released and will not be delivered to consignees or recipients,” Dimagiba said.
Dimagiba also told senders to be aware of very low door-to-door rates offered by foreign principals.
"With low rates, they (foreign principals) do not have enough funds to bear the cost of transporting cargoes, and they fail to remit delivery funds to their Philippine freight forwarders, causing the shipments to be abandoned at the ports and not being delivered to consignees," said Dimagiba.
DTI named the following local freight forwarders/Philippine agents with no DTI-PSB accreditation and are now subject of complaints on undelivered packages:The DTI on Oct. 16 identified the following local freight forwarders
as having no accreditation with the department’s Philippine Shippers
Bureau, and as having been the subject of complaints on undelivered
- 2GO Express Inc.
- Alas Cargo Phil
- Associated Consolidation Express
- Dausan International Forwarder
- FACF Parcel Delivery
- FRS Philippine Freight Services Inc
- International Cargo Forwarder
- J.J. Transglobal Brokerage
- JAR Cargo Forwarders
- Mail Plus Cargo Carriers
- Manila Broker
- Maru Cargo Logistics Phil
- R&M Cargo Services
- Rodah Cargo Manila
- South Atlantic Cargo Inc
- Trico International Forwarding (Phils) Inc
- VCG Customs Brokerage
The following companies, while accredited, have been blacklisted and
subject to DTI show cause orders because of complaints on
undelivered balikbayan boxes:
- D’ Winner Logistics Phil. Inc
- LCSN Express Movers Inc
- MC Plus Inc
- Transtech Global Phil Inc
- Wide wide World Express Corp
On Oct. 31 the DTI blacklisted eight more Philippine firms:
- ABS-CBN Global Cargo Corp
- Gen Ex Cargo
- Jonar Cargo
- Joseph Glenn L. Galo
- Pacific Logistics International Cargo
- RDN Marketing & Cargo Forwarder
- REN International Services
Accredited cargo forwarder RRG Freight Services, meanwhile,
is now one of two companies that have been issued show cause orders
by DTI-PSB due to complaints regarding balikbayan boxes.The PSB also
advised OFWs to stop doing business with the following foreign
principal/cargo consolidators for reports of undelivered balikbayan
boxes and other violations.
United Arab Emirates (UAE):
- Al Rodah Marine Cargo
- Cityline Cargo
- Dagupan Cargo Packaging Services
- Express Link Cargo Services
- Smooth Express
United States of America (USA):
- AAA Cargo Express Inc.
- ABS-CBN Star Kargo
- Alas Cargo
- Associated Consolidations Express (ACE Cargo)
- FRS Philippine Freight Services, Inc.Shipping Express
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA):
- Cargo Net Worldwide Services formerly FAL-World Express Cargo
- Fil Asia Cargo Forwarders Philippines
- Global Cargo
- RJM Freight Cargo Forwarders
- WRJ Freight Forwarders (A Division of Al-Zagel Cargo)
- Hagibis Express Pte. Ltd.
- Maru Cargo Logistics (s) LLP
- Maharlika Enterprise Cargo Services
- SCRL Cargo
- Bayanihan Express in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Dausan International Forwarder in Australia
- Ford Cargo Internationaal (FCI) in Hong Kong
On Oct. 31 the DTI added six more foreign principals/consolidators
to the blacklist:
•Jasim Yaseen Al-Delam Air Cargo Services (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
•Pacific Logistics International Cargo (Kuwait)
•Philand Ynterlink Ltd (United Kingdom)
•Pentagon Cargo Inc (United States of America)
•REN International (United States of America)
•Star Xpress Forwarders (United States of America)