The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Regional Welfare Office-12 now accepting scholarship applications in line of the OFW Dependents Scholarship Program (OFWDSP) as per latest announcement from the agency’s website.
Under this scholarship program,the following conditions are set by OWWA:
- Qualified dependents are those with OFW earning not more than $400 per month.
- Children and siblings of OFWs who are active members of OWWA (No relatives).
- Applicants should be 21 years old or below, in good health, and have a certificate of good moral character issued by their high school principals or officers in-charge.
- Applicants will undergo examination.
- Might be offered as limited slots basis to some regions.
A copy of dependent’s birth certificate, Proof of contract, OEC and re-entry VISA
Granted scholars will received a 20,000 assistance per school year to acquired degree in baccalaureate or associate degree in some state colleges or universities.
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their applications to OWWA Regional Office 12 in Llao Bldg., Koronadal City or in the nearest Public Employment Service Office (PESO). Submission is until April 30, 2015.
Watch the video on how to apply OFW Dependent Scholarship Program
For more information please call OWWA-12 hotline at 228-1076 / 0908-888-1303 / 0917-572-1303.